Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kale

The New Sensation



It's a bird....it's a plane.....it's SUPER food!

I have been wanting to try this for a couple of years.  Kale is supposed to be one of the best foods to eat..health wise.  http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/9-health-benefits-of-kale.html is a good article about the benefits.
Pinterest is abound with hundreds of pins for Kale chips.  Everyone swears it is fabulous...so the girl and I decided to roast some and see.

We rinsed and tore the kale off the ribs (the thick part in the center) and tossed them with a tablespoon of olive oil.   We laid them out on a cookie sheet (sprayed with pam) and sprinkled salt, pepper, and chili powder on them.  NOTE: only a little salt is needed, not more than a tablespoon.  I put more than that, and parts were way too salty.
We cooked the Kale at 300 degrees for about 19 minutes.
  


I loved loved loved these!   They were so good and salty and crunchy. I put them in a plastic container and they tasted even better the next day.  The girl didn't care for them, but I can forgive that, she loves asparagus and squash!
I will definitely make them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment